Happy July 4th, Everyone!
We had a big dinner Wednesday night (the 4th) for
a girl named Olivia that has been living here for 3 years, but is leaving to go
back to school for a year. We got to hear about everything she has been doing
here, and everything she has done to work towards changing this nation. It was
truly inspiring to hear. And a great way to spend Independence Day-good food,
good people, and plenty of speeches J
Afterwards, the Americans went to the Marine’s house that are here with the US
Embassy. MASSIVE house. There is a pool in the backyard, a pool table inside, a
massive HDTV, and every movie you can really think of. To top it off, it was
fully decorated in July 4th décor. We missed all of the barbeque and
such, but got there in time to play a few rounds of Bananagrams, a few rounds
of Pool (I lost….), and sit with my feet in the pool. Very nice way to spend
the remainder of Independence Day! Many more movie nights and game nights to
come.
It’s been a little slow on the bug-catching front; my latest
find was a massive spider behind my suitcase this morning, but it got away. I
say all of this as if I am the one that catches and keeps them. But it’s not
true. I just admire them once they are caught and in a jar. I still kill the
ones I find in my room- still a girl.
Jeff and I are almost 2 weeks into a workout program called
Turbofire. Number 1- it’s so hot. I literally have never sweat this much in my
life. We usually do it around 5:30 in the evening, so it has cooled down a bit.
But STILL. By the end there is not one inch of me that isn’t drenched. Bleh.
Number 2-I am not in shape. I used to work out every day, but the 2 months
before I moved, I just completely let it go. It’s quite difficult right now. I
know it will get easier. But today, not so much. Number 3- Jeff left to work
with the Batwa today for a week, so it’s just me doing it. That will prove to
be a bit more challenging. But I don’t want to have to tell Jeff that I didn’t
do it when he gets back………I hate disappointing people, or myself for that
matter. So I persevere!
I guess that’s it for today, next time this blog will
hopefully be a lot more interesting!
I'll be praying for you Rachel as you workout solo. I do my yoga and pilates alone at home except when Olivia sits and watches me while she eats her cereal..... telling me my back isn't straight, my leg is sagging, my heels aren't touching the floor, etc.....It's hard - I'm not in shape either!
ReplyDelete