Monday, July 2, 2012

Update!


Hello everyone!

Lots happening in the month of July around here. We have several teams coming in from all over to work in Gitega and Cibitoke at Homes of Hope. There is a medical team that just arrived from UK to work in a few cities over the next week, setting up clinics and spending time with God’s precious people. It is quite exciting to witness all that God is doing, and you can see it all the time. God is faithful. Yesterday marked Burundi’s 50th Anniversary of their independence from Belgium. The streets have been lined with fresh new Burundi flags for the event, all the way from the airport to the city. Very cool.

Last night we decided to play Monopoly, since we have no more Downton Abbey to watch, and since we don’t want to spend any money to go out. Thus began the game. 4 guys, and a girl-(me…) Simple game, until almost every piece of property had been bought, and no one was anywhere close to a monopoly. And so began the negotiations. I was not willing to budge for a long while. I had a card of almost every color, and nothing could happen until I agreed to a trade with someone. Which made it exceptionally fun to turn down every trade offer that I received. Because the boys began to get desperate. >>>>>>Side Note: Just found a fly in my coffee. I was quite looking forward to that cup. Ugh.             `<<<<<<<< So I finally decide to trade Jeff, simply because he seemed to the best least desperate to trade of the 4. And of course in the end, I was the first one to lose, and Jeff won by a TON. Awesome. Next time I will stick to my instincts and hoard my power.

The last 3 days I have desperately been craving Cheez-Its. Like whoa. Or really any kind of afternoon snack. So if anyone wants to mail me some Cheez-its or Wheat Thins, I will gladly accept them. ;)

Well we have kind of settled into a church in town, PTI. It is a French and English speaking church. They sing westernized songs as well as songs I have heard in a few places here in the country. There are quite a few other ‘bazungu’ that attend, a lot from Europe and the States. It is very cool to meet people that are doing a work for God here long term. Many live here with their kids, and have fully integrated them into the schools and culture. I love it. I love to see people following the plan of God, knowing that He is faithful and that His favor surrounds their family. Many people have asked me or my parents, “Is it safe?” “Are you worried about her going?” But I, nor my parents, have ever doubted God’s faithfulness in this. He sent me, therefore HE has already made a way. Financially, physically, spiritually. I have much confidence in this. And I have much confidence that my parents will be rewarded for their sacrifice. Again, God is faithful. I am standing on His promises, looking at the big picture, and believing that my labor is not in vain. To God be the glory.              




2 comments:

  1. I wish we know about the snack cravings - would have happily thrown some in the suitcase to the boys. Maybe they will share their jerky and licorice????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. They have been sharing their beef jerky! They are good boys :)

    ReplyDelete